Santa and Snow

We took the kids to the Santa Clause parade yesterday. They were so cute, all bundled up in layers of sweaters and coats and scarves. It was a fun day. We packed up some blankets and hot chocolate and walked from my apartment to the parade route. Next year I’ll know to go way earlier as it was packed with people and you couldn’t move. We put the small girls on our shoulders so that they could see and the big girls just had to try to look between people’s shoulders like we did. I think it was more fun being outside with all the people than watching the parade anyway. Suddenly, about half way through, it started to snow. Beautiful big flakes fell over the floats and the crowds and floated through the air. It was such perfect snow that the big girls were convinced it was fake. I told them Santa must have brought it with them but they couldn’t be swayed, “ No Bella! It’s fake!” I later found out that this was just one more first time experience I was able to give my kids. The older girls (who are 11 and 13) had never been to a Santa Clause parade before! Can you believe it? I didn’t intend for it to be that special… but sometimes it just works out that way.

0 comments: