
I love figuring out how to communicate homework to a kid! Today Ben, and Jason, and Joshua all had the same math homework. They were working on rounding numbers and each of them learned differently. My favourite was Ben. For Ben we decided that the numbers should be people. So we drew the number on the chalkboard (yes I love feeling like a teacher!). Then I said to him "Ok Ben I want you to round this number to the nearest hundred, so when Mr. Hundred wants to change he has to ask his neighbor's permission. This is his neigbor Mr. Ten. If Mr. Ten is 5 or more he says "yes you can change" and if Mr. Ten is 4 or less he says "no you cannot change"." Hurray for number people!
Also... The anniversary banquet was amazing!! (wow nothing but good news today!) There were about 350 people there in this beautiful banquet hall, all to celebrate UrbanPromise! Everyone dressed up :) it was so much fun! My mom and my friends mom came all the way from Goderich! Tony Campolo spoke about losing the goal to be happy and instead hoping to be GOOD. It reminded me of when I was an intern and Colin shared a similar message with us. Being happy really isnt all that great if you're not good anyway. And God doesn't promise us happiness on earth... look at Job! God promises us eternity with Him though... and eternity is a lot longer than however many years were going to be here for! So Be GOOD!
0 comments:
Post a Comment