We were sitting in the office a few weeks ago eating lunch and talking about camp stories. Most of our office staff have worked at a sites once upon a time and love sharing kid stories.
As we went around the room somehow it came up that I often mend my kids' clothes when they come into camp all torn up from playing. Mike, our administrator looked at me and said "Thats a GREAT kid story, you should write about it!" So taking his advice here I am, writting about it.
The first time I was asked to fix something it was a sweater. Joshua came up to me in the middle of his football game with the other kids and showed me his sleeve. It had seperated at the wrist and was now torn all the way to his elbow. (<-- These are NOT my kids... its a google image!)
"Can you fix this for me Bella?" (I love it that kids think I can fix anything! ha ha) So he gave me the sweater and put on his jacket so he could keep playing and I went to my desk and got my sewing kit (which I had never used at camp before and don't actually know where it came from). So there I was, sitting on a concrete parking curb, stitching a sweater and watching my boys play ball.... awwww.
About a week later, my youngest boy at camp came to me looking very distressed. "Bella my pants is wripped!" His pants were far too long for his short little legs and they had torn from being walked on all day. "Lets go get the sewing kit," I said. Luckily my mother taught me how to hem pants! So Omi got up on a chair in the kitchen and I hemmed his pants while we cooked dinner. It was very hard to get him to stay up on the chair though, because all of my kids LOVE to cook and he really really wanted to help! We got one pant leg hemmed that day, I duct taped the other one! ;)
So there you go.... sometimes I sew my kids clothes! Its because I'm awesome!
BElla
0 comments:
Post a Comment